Phone: 401-596-8554 FAX: 401-596-9529
The Armory’s hall (drill hall) can be rented for conferences, meetings, receptions, parties, shows, and events that respect the historic nature of the building. The hall is 6,000 square feet (60′ x100′) and has a stage (approximately 24′ x 8′), a very large motorized screen, audio system with cordless or corded) microphone or cordless head mikes, a hardwood floor, and 35-foot-high ceilings as well as HVAC (heat and air conditioning). There are ceiling fans and show and special lighting.
The hall has a capacity of 300 when set with tables and chairs. There are 24 round tables and over a dozen rectangular tables. The Armory boasts a state-certified catering kitchen with stainless-steel appliances (gas stove, ovens, convection ovens, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher). Pictures below and further down:
Above: The Armory and an anniversary banquet.
Below: Special wedding (chairs are not Armory’s), patriotic evening, catering kitchen.
Rates are posted below (effective 17 May 2023):
A $100 reservation fee is required at the time of application and will be credited towards the rental price. A refund may be given only if cancellation of event is announced to the Armory’s manager 30 or more days prior to the event. To reserve a date(s), a contract must be signed and reservation fee paid. A $500 damage deposit is required at least 14 days in advance of the event (to be returned if there is no damage).
All rentals include:
tables & chairs sound system & podium
bar & bar refrigerator non-cooking use of the kitchen
- For private receptions and business groups:
$1,500 plus any set-up time
Use of kitchen for cooking/heating: $75/hour
Set-up/take-down fee: $50/hour; however, set-up during normal open hours: $25/hour
- For community non-profit groups charging for their event:
$750 plus any set-up time
Use of kitchen for cooking/heating: $50/hour
Set-up and take-down fee: $25/hour; however, set-up during normal open hours: no fee
- For community non-profit groups &smaller groups not charging:
$500 plus any set-up time
Use of kitchen for cooking/heating: $25/hour
Set-up and take-down fee: $20 per hour; however, set-up during normal open hours: no fee
1. A $500 damage deposit is required at least 14 days prior to the event.
2. Liability insurance is required. (see Policy & Use document for details)
3. No pyrotechnics or open flames are allowed.
4. It is the renter’s responsibility to take down, clean up, & leave the Armory in good condition.
5. Hall capacity is 300 people.
6. Police officers and/or firefighters may be required; if so, their fee is additional.
7. Contiguous multi-day events are charged as follows:
1st day 100% 2nd day 75% 3rd day, 60%
8. Table linens, chair covers, colorful chair sashes are available for rent.
9. Rugs, pedestals, and other items are rented at the discretion of the Operations Manager.
10. Clean-up/take-down can be done for the group for an additional $300.
11. Please note that the museum/office and any other rooms in the Armory are NOT included in your rental for storage, dressing, rehearsal, and the like. Rentals are only for use of the drill hall.
To see the full rental contract, click on this link: Policyandusesheets06017
White chair covers; pink, green, & white bows.
Below. wedding reception, pitch tournament, front door of Armory with bride & groom.
To find accommodation in Westerly, check HotelsCombined